*Not all courses are available next semester - check schedule for course availability
(3 sem. hrs.)
This course provides an introduction to the Christian understanding of the doctrine of the Church and the Sacraments. This course provides an in-depth look at the origins, development, and theological significance of the doctrine of the Church and studies the classical Christian understanding of the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, the Eucharist (Lord’s Supper), Penance and Reconciliation, Anointing the Sick, Holy Orders and Matrimony.
• Prerequisite(s): RELS 160. (3-0; 0-0)
• The course meets the requirements for Christianity and Culture: Catholic Studies Minor.
• In order to use this CPC course for any TWU Religious Studies Department degree requiring Christianity & Culture (6-9) courses, please seek permission from the Religious Studies Chair.
• All CPC courses may be counted as electives for any TWU Degree.
• CPC courses may count towards CPC certificates as listed in the Course Requirements for each Certificate.
Image: Rogier van der Weyden's Seven Sacraments Altarpiece (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Sacraments_Altarpiece)