An intensive introduction to the Italian language. The emphasis will be on Italian grammar, idiom, and conversation, with the goal of giving the student the communicative competence necessary for the practical use of the Italian language. Aspects of Italian life and culture will also be studied.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
• Acquire a basic familiarity with the Italian language, with the goal of engaging in basic conversation with native speakers of the language
• Master the basic grammar of the language
• Master Italian pronunciation
• Master subjects such as asking questions, telling time, counting, giving commands, and expressing likes and dislikes
• Understand the life and culture of Italy
Course Details: Italian pronunciation; meeting and greeting people; describing people and things; expressing likes and dislikes; eating and drinking; telling time; expressing dates; giving commands; Italian life and culture; Italian literature and film
Image: Twilight in Florence, Italy, with the magnificent Duomo of the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore in the distance.