An overview of contemporary forms of media, including contemporary print, video, audio, websites, and social media.
• Identify and describe the various forms of contemporary media and discuss their impact on society and culture
• Identify and describe the various forms of patronage, advertising, and finance in media
• Identify and describe the various technologies used in producing digital media
• Build a website using a content management system (Joomla or WordPress)
• Create a media campaign using online digital technologies
Course Details: Sheetfed presses and digital printing; digital books; social media; websites; Google marketing & search engine optimization; Apple; Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniak; Adobe Creative; videography, video and audio editing; media distribution; the future of television and the 30 second commercial