An intensive introduction to the Spanish language. The emphasis will be on Spanish grammar, idiom, and conversation, with the goal of giving the student the communicative competence necessary for the practical use of the Spanish language. Aspects of Spanish life and culture will also be studied.
• Acquire a basic familiarity with the Spanish language, with the goal of engaging in basic conversation with native speakers of the language
• Master the basic grammar of the language
• Master Spanish pronunciation
• Master subjects such as asking questions, telling time, counting, giving commands, and expressing likes and dislikes
• Understand the life and culture of Spain
Course Details: Spanish pronunciation and spelling; nouns, pronouns, verb tenses, reflexive verbs; vocabulary building; meeting and greeting people; describing people and things; expressing likes and dislikes; eating and drinking; telling time; expressing dates; giving commands; Spanish life and culture; Spanish literature and film